Bissell vacuum cleaners have been around for a century and have proven to be better than their competitors. In a saturated market, they worked their way to the top position by offering durable and efficient vacuum cleaners.
Amongst so many household equipment’s, vacuum cleaners are widely used and in increasing demand, especially canister vacuum cleaners.
A number of the canister vacuum cleaners manufactured by Bissell is lightweight by design and affordable than most vacuum cleaners in the market. Does this mean they are less effective than other expensive brands? Absolutely not
With the volume of vacuums they manufacture, it can be very hard to separate the best from the rest. Although with the right guide, getting a power-packed Bissell canister vacuum cleaner comes with ease. In this guide, you’d be able to choose wisely when it comes to getting the value of your buck!
It’s good you know what makes a vacuum the ideal vacuum for your cleaning needs, by checking the features of the Bissell Canister Vacuum Cleaner.
Now, what are these primary features?
What Features to Expect in a Bissell Canister Vacuum Cleaner
Listed below are some of the functionality you can expect after buying yourself a Bissell Canister Vacuum Cleaner.
Bissell vacuum comes with a Cyclone Technology:
Bissell Vacuum Cleaner comes with cyclone technology. This particular technology helps in enhancing the capability of the vacuum’s motor to be able to clean effectively. To cite an example, the work of the cyclone technology is to ensure that all dirt picked up. So, in essence, big dirt particles can be easily picked up without coming back into the atmosphere. The Cyclone technology and HEPA filtration help in keeping your home clean and healthy.
Bissell vacuum gives you variety:
Bissell Canister Vacuum Cleaner is built in several shapes and sizes. With their vast vacuum types; handheld, cordless, upright and canister vacuum cleaners, which have several cleaning procedures each for cleaning multi-surface.
Reviews from buyers of this vacuum testify that they are able to do both wet and dry cleaning. This dual mode enables the removal of dirt particles easy, especially people with different floor surface in their home.
Bissell vacuum comes with a Great Design:
Bissell Company was built with its end user in mind. This machine was intended to reduce stress or body aches when cleaning. The design can accommodate the handling of the vacuum making it stress-free around and operate.
If you have a backache or any form of body discomfort, then the Bissell canister vacuum would make the cleaning process easy for you so you really won't have to bend or do strenuous handling when cleaning
Bissell vacuum comes with a lot of onboard attachments:
This vacuum comes with a lot of tools attached to the vacuum, which makes cleaning easier. They all come in different forms. It comes with a crevice tool, which helps a user to reach nooks and crannies in a home, office, or car and the extension wands also enable the user to clean hard-to-reach areas. The upholstery tool also helps in cleaning upholsteries, ceilings, and the likes.
Bissell onboard attachments were built in a way, that any user would be able to apply it without trial and error. The Bissell Canister Vacuum, which should be on your shopping list when trying to get house equipment.
Our Top Bissell Canister Vacuum Cleaner Recommendations
Most Bissell products are made to be versatile, tough and yet lightweight. Listed below are my top recommendations of the best Bissell canister vacuum cleaner you should look out for when buying;
1. Bissell Zing Bagged Canister Vacuum Cleaner (4122 - Corded) - Out of this product on Amazon
The Bissell Zing 4122 is a lightweight, maneuverable and compact vacuum cleaner that was built to clean on multi-surfaces. This vacuum cleaner can easily be used on hard floors, carpets, and the same time generates an excellent suction power to pick up debris, and dirt particles.
It is also designed for your car, office, an apartment with stairs, and upholstery.
Bissell Zing also comes with onboard attachments like telescopic wands, retractable cord, multi-surface capability, bag indicator, and an adjustable power switch.
This vacuum also comes with a 10-amp motor which provides strong suction that helps in picking dirt particles easily. As stated earlier, it's lightweight and compact. It weighs just 8 pounds, allowing you to carry it easily around your home.
With its multi-surface technology, you are able to clean from hard floors to carpets with the flip of a switch. In essence, the Bissell Zing is an all-around performer, and versatile. For instance, if your home is all carpet, then you can have the carpet brush attached to the floor nozzle and boom! You're set.
• Adjustable suction for the excellent handling of both carpets and hard floors.
• Comes with an advanced swivel that makes it easily maneuverable on hard floors
• Lightweight design
• Compactable to store, and the power cord is retractable
• Can also be used to clean stairs curtains, upholsteries, and much more
• Quite affordable
• The cord is short, although it has the rewind feature – 17ft power cord
• Can be noisy when picking up dirt particles
• You would have to replace bags, once it indicates that its bag is full, although it keeps your home germ-free and healthy
2. Bissell Zing Canister Vacuum Cleaner – (Bagless 2156A) - Out of this product on Amazon
The Bissell Bagless 2156A is a canister vacuum cleaner that is portable, and lightweight. This makes the cleaner ideal for homeowners with a small space.
The controls of this vacuum are easily understandable by most users.
This vacuum comes with an excellent suction power despite its small size. You don't have to worry about the sound, this vacuum is relatively quiet, and so it's also ideal for those sensitive to noisy vacuum cleaners.
With the awesome feature that accompanies it, as well as the affordable price, it is an excellent choice for homeowners. Although with its size, it’s not ideal for bigger houses. It can fit mostly in small to medium homes or apartments.
The Bissell Zing Canister Vacuum Cleaner has a three-stage filtration mechanism it uses to block dust from settling in the atmosphere of your home. The filters help trap the dirt particles in the dirt cup before reaching the motor.
Another awesome feature is the reusable filters. These filters are long-lasting, you don’t have to replace them, all you have to do is to wash and use. This way you avoid costs of replacements and even save money on the maintenance
• Has an excellent suction for a great performance.
• Cheap but the most reliable amongst others
• Comes with a large dust bag that can contain as much dirt particles
• Quiet when cleaning
• Has a variety of color options to pick from when buying
• Comes with a retractable power cord
• The power cord can be a little short
• Not good on carpets, especially deep or medium pile carpet.
• Doesn’t come with brush rolls that should be attached in the cleaner head
• Attachments need to be sized
3. Bissell Hard Floor Expert Canister Vacuum Cleaner (1547 - Corded)
Bissell Hard Floor Expert Canister Vacuum Cleaner (1547 - Corded) -
Provided by Amazon.com
The Bissell Hard Floor Expert was specifically designed for homes with hard floors and very little carpets. It is compact, and easy for storing under your stairs. Also lightweight in design for easy maneuverability.
This vacuum also comes with a multi-cyclonic technology that offers an excellent suction power for your cleaning needs.
This vacuum comes with a set of cool features like Multi-level filtration; this feature ensures your air remains fresh after cleaning, by reducing the dust and risk of allergens at home.
It is easy to dispose of the dirt from the tank; it opens it from the base without releasing dirt back into the atmosphere. It multi-surface feature lets you pick any dirt, or debris from your carpet with ease.
Note that: to be able to use this vacuum to its fullest potential, your surface has to be smooth because it was designed for mainly hard floors. So if your floors come with deep grains, it may not work to its full potential as you expect it to
• As with most Bissell vacuums, this model is lightweight and compactable
• Quiet when cleaning
• Great for hard floors. Can easily pick up pet hair as well
• With a 7.3-amps power rating, this vacuum is built to keep your floor from marks and scratches that may occur when trying to pick up the dirt particles.
• It comes with an adjustable handle that helps you reach nooks and crannies of your home easily.
• The dirt inside the tank can easily be disposed of. With just the push of a button, you can empty the tank without letting any dirt particle back.
• The multi-level filtration helps in keeping your home healthy and free form allergens
• Bagless, you don’t have to replace any bags.
• Not ideal for carpet covering
• Doesn't come with many onboard accessories
• The plastic that supports the hose can be fragile, so handle with care
4. Bissell Hard Floor Canister Vacuum Cleaner (Corded- 1154)
The Bissell Hard Floor 1154, you have a unique, lightweight vacuum specifically built to clean smooth surfaces, low, and high, with excellent suction. It comes with a set of rubber wheel and some felt threads that prevent scratch or marks on your floor while cleaning, with an additional soft bristle that ease the process.
Its performance baffles the expectation of users the moment they start using this vacuum cleaner. It has a wonderful performance after cleaning, leaving you satisfied.
It comes with a set of specialized onboard accessories that includes a crevice tool, dusting tool, low-pile carpet tool, and telescoping extension wand tool.
• Lightweight design
• The brush has soft bristles that ease the cleaning process
• Compact design
• Automatic rewind feature
• Comes with major cleaning tools attached to the vacuum, tools like, low-pile carpet tool, crevice tool, dusting tool and extension wands that enables you to clean tall curtains
• Power cord not long enough; this is a general flaw with most Bissell models.
• Some users complain of it getting flipped while in-use
5. Bissell Deluxe Expert Canister Vacuum Cleaner (1161 Hard Floor)
The Bissell Deluxe Canister Vacuum Cleaner is one of the most affordable models I personally can vouch for. Although Bissell Deluxe is ideal for hard floors, it can also be used on carpets, stairs, curtains, upholstery, and more.
Due to the weight of this vacuum, it can be easily maneuvered whereby helpful to you when cleaning.
It comes with a digital control feature, the fingertip control is meant for controlling the suction as you use the handle when cleaning your rug and other smooth surfaces. This vacuum also comes with a quiet vacuum technology that makes your vacuum soundless even at nights, with a 74dBa sound level.
The swivel attached to this vacuum helps in maneuvering when cleaning around edges and under furniture.
This vacuum also comes with a Cyclonic technology that helps in providing frequent suction power as you clean. The dirt tank of this vacuum cleaner is also easy to open and dispose of every dirt particle without sucking particles back into the hose.
It also comes with several onboard accessories that include, carpet floor nozzle, dusting brush, crevice tool, turbine hard floor brush this brush is specifically designed for hard floor surfaces.
It has rubber threads attached to the wheel, this thread help in preventing scratches on your floor while cleaning.
Also, the compact design of this canister vacuum helps in storing and carrying easily.
• Powerful suction, lightweight and compact design, with many onboard accessories for different floor types and covering.
• Bagless – no need for bag replacements
• Retractable power cord
• Double power buttons that easily switch for any floor surface
• Affordable and easy to arrange
• Doesn’t come with a HEPA filter, but it has its own foam filter.
• Short power cord
• Dirt tank gets easily filled up, especially if you own a pet.
Did you enjoy this post? Where you able to decide on the specific model you’d go for?
After much thought and thorough process, listed above are the top-rated Bissell Canister Vacuum Cleaners you should look out for. If you were paying attention, you’d realize Bissell canister vacuum cleaners are cheaper compared to others, Miele and Dyson. This implies that, if you're on a tight budget, try to get one of the listed Bissell Canister Vacuum Cleaner above. Moreover, Bissell is a trusted brand globally.
If you haven’t yet found the model to go with, then I’d advise you get the Bissell Hard Floor Expert (1547 - Corded). This Bagless canister vacuum is awesome and meets all the criteria, and is multi-versatile; it cleans all floor coverings and surfaces. This model also comes at an affordable price.
Do you have any questions regarding the Bissell vacuum that would suit your cleaning needs? Please let us know in the comments! If you enjoyed reading this post please share! Cheers!!