In the world of vacuum cleaners, the Dyson and Shark are just like iPhones and Samsung when placed on the same pedestal with the leading products in the phone world.
Both companies produce brilliant pieces of machinery that offer a vacuum cleaning function that is unattainable with other brands. It comes as no surprise that they are held supreme among vacuum cleaners. The sophistication of the engineering of the two brands sets them far apart from other vacuum cleaning brands.
Insert your tweetable quote/phrase here
There is a constant debate on which is better amongst the two as it is expected with two topdogs in the techno sphere. While I can't point blank call one the better option, I will use this article to compare them based on various factors, leaving you the choice to make on which you think takes the cake.
To ensure this article is exhaustive and proffers you with enough information to help you make an informed choice, we will be reviewing different models of Dyson and Shark vacuum cleaners using different categories like: Cordless, Upright, Pet Hair, etc.
Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
The flexibility of these types of vacuum cleaners makes them one of the most preferred types of vacuum cleaners. In this category, we will be reviewing the Shark IONFlex vs Dyson V 11.
Shark IONFlex 2X DuoClean Cordless Ultra-Light Stick Vacuum, IF251, Blue
Dyson V11 Torque Drive Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Blue
In this category, the Dyson would be favoured over the Shark, because it basically offers more value for your money.
• It is built with a flexible hose that makes snaking around a space easier. You would understand the importance of this feature when you are cleaning a space that is congested as it saves you the stress of moving things around.
● It comes with removable batteries which makes it easier to switch batteries when one is down during operations. And the good thing about the batteries is that they come with a 2-year warranty.
• The battery life can be very short lived.
● It can be too expensive and considering its functionality, it's not really worth it
Dyson V 11
• It is designed with 5 additional attachments that offer you a pleasurable cleaning experience.
● The battery can last for as long as 60 minutes when it's charged fully, which is not easy to find with others.
● With the LCD screen that it is designed with, alternating between different cleaning modes is done with ease.
• When using this device, you may have to contend with the loud noise it makes during operations
Upright Vacuum Cleaners
These types of vacuum cleaners have been in existence for a long time and a number of customers favour these types of vacuum cleaners over others because to them it feels like the real deal.
In this category, we will be reviewing Shark Rotator and Dyson Ball Multi Floor as case studies.
Shark Rotator Professional Upright Corded Bagless Vacuum
Dyson Ball Multi Floor Upright Vacuum - Corded
This is a close call. Decide on your favourite according to the specifications you consider important.
• With its advanced cyclonic technology, it is rare for it to get clogged during operations.
● It can be used in three different ways - as a canister, handheld, or upright. Making it more portable to use and favouring its functionality.
● It is anti-allergen proof.
● It operates relatively peacefully as opposed to other brands
• You are expected to wash filters routinely because of how it's designed.
● It has a very short cord
Dyson Ball Multi Floor
• It's designed with a large cleaning head making it a top choice for cleaning large surface areas.
● The radial root cyclone technology it is programmed with makes it hard for the device to run without power.
● It's designed with a turbine tool that is apt for sucking up pet hairs.
● Its suction is unmatched
• There is a popular opinion by customers that emphasizes that it is much heavier than other brands.
Vacuum For Pet Hair
If you keep a pet, this is the category you should be keen on. The vacuum cleaners that fall under this category are built with features making them the best fit for cleaning up an environment where a pet resides. For this category, we will be reviewing two models: Shark Navigator vs Dyson Animal Pro.
These two models share similar features like having a large capacity dustbin, swivel steering, HEPA filtration, etc. However, there are differences which make each stand out that you should look out for when making a choice between both.
Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional NV356E
Dyson V7 Animal Pro+ Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
In this category, I think it is obvious the Shark wins it.
• It is designed with the capacity to be easily adjustable to the user's preference.
● It is excellent for taking care of allergens.
● It works very quietly as opposed to other brands.
• There's a high tendency of the machine topping over when using the hose.
● The size of the dust cup is too small
Dyson Animal Pro
• It comes with key selection tools that will give you a satisfying vacuum cleaning experience.
● It performs greatly on different floor types.
● It has an impressive hair pickup capability when at full power.
● It is designed with a washable filter that can last for ages. This takes out the expense of having to restock filters every now and again
• When in use at maximum mode, you are only allowed for 6 minutes on running time max, which is too poor when compared to other vacuum brands.
● There is a high tendency of hair getting stuck in the motorised tool, which could pose as a problem
These are the most recent types of vacuum cleaners among others. They are designed with a distinct cutting-edge technology to provide an irrefutable vacuum cleaning experience. In this category, we can't review both brands because the Dyson 360 Eye produced in this category is nothing to write home about. So, instead we will advise you to purchase the Shark ION Robot for this category.
Dyson 360 Eye Robot Vacuum
Shark ION Robot Vacuum R75
Handheld Vacuum Cleaners
These types of vacuum cleaners are the most portable of the lot. They are so portable, you can easily pack them in your bag and travel with them.
In this category, we will be reviewing the Shark Pet Perfect and Dyson Trigger.
Shark Pet-Perfect II Cordless Bagless Hand Vacuum
Dyson V7 Trigger Cord-Free Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
This is a close call here too but the Dyson wins this round by a close margin because of the functionality it offers over the Shark.
Shark Pet Perfect
• Because of the wide mouth nozzle it comes with, it is the perfect choice for cleaning out pet hairs and large dirt particles.
● When it is fully charged it can run up to 40 minutes.
● It is extremely lightweight. Gives you the feel like you are handling a feather when vacuum cleaning
• The cost of battery replacement is relatively expensive.
● The dust bin is too small
• It's designed with extra attachments giving you a more convenient cleaning experience.
● It has an impressive suction.
● It comes with excellent power to get into hard to reach places when vacuum cleaning
• It is very expensive when you compare it to some other brands that fall under the same category.
● When using at maximum power, the battery will die off easily
In the grand scheme of things, when you consider all categories or types discussed in this article, you will discover that the Sharks are the more affordable vacuum cleaners while the Dysons are more pricey; however, if the price is not a problem for you and the function of the Dyson correlates with your needs and pretences, by all means, go for the Dyson.
So in the battle between Dyson vs Shark, your choice holds supreme here. Pick whichever works best for you as they are both kings of Vacuum Cleaners.