If you have planned to renovate your bathroom then changing tiles is one of the best decisions for revamping purposes. You can revamp with new tiles for your bathroom kitchen and even outdoor space. This is usually one of the popular tasks homeowners take up when renovating their homes.
You can choose experienced and skilled floor tilers in Canberra as they provide other essential services like tile repair and replacement. It is highly beneficial to install ceramic or porcelain tiles since they are easy to install and clean. They are easy to clean and can be maintained well. This type of tile is also highly customizable and affordable to achieve a luxury look and feels. This type of tile is also long-lasting and environmentally friendly.
This is a good way to reduce the carbon footprint; they are also fire-resistant, making them ideal for hot weather and places vulnerable to bushfires.
This article provides several tips on how to care for your floor tiles. A tiled floor combines aesthetic and function wonderfully, whether it has a shining glossy surface or a sleek matte finish. Floor tiles are a practical choice for any busy residential home.
They are durable and stain-resistant, and the elegance of a tiled floor ensures that it will always be an outstanding flooring choice in any interior design project.
98% The information provided has been checked for accuracy by our team
We are always trying to provide the high quality articles!
If you have any issues, just get in touch with our friendly support team to report incorrect information. Many Thanks!
Tips for caring of new floor tiles
● The build-up of dirt and grime on your tiles over a period of time will result in them looking old and worn out. This doesn't mean you need to replace them; performing deep cleaning can make your floor tiles shine like new again.
● Use an all-purpose cleaner, effective on the tiles and safe to use, and environmentally friendly.
● Sponge mops only push dirt into the grouts, instead, use a chamois-type mop or rag to avoid tile regrouting.
● In the case of dirty tiles, it often happens that a failure to change the water results in making the tiles dirty again. Using a vacuum can clean the dirty water from the surface.
● It might be necessary to scrub the tiles to remove stubborn stains. Avoid using a brush with hard bristles for this purpose since this will damage the surface.
● Allowing your floor to air dry means having to deal with water spots or films due to the residue of the soap. On the other hand, using a lint free cloth to dry it will produce better results.
● Dirty grout lines will make your floor look just as bad hence do not ignore them.
● The secret to cleaning the grout lines is to use baking soda and water and allow them to remain there overnight.
● Use oxygen bleach on stubborn stains, however; first, verify it works well with your tiles.
● Regular maintenance is essential to ensure your floor tiles remain in pristine condition. This can be done by performing basic cleaning on a regular basis as well as cleaning up special spills or stains when they happen.
● At times restoring your floor is beyond your DIY capabilities and it is essential to call in the experts. The professionals have years of experience offering such a service hence can restore the original look of your tiles using well tried and tested techniques.
● Vacuuming regularly is effective in removing loose debris, sand, and grit that makes it dull.
● It is important to detect the type of stain prior to selecting the appropriate product to clean it.
● Deep-clean your bathrooms and kitchen every two weeks; followed by weekly cleaning of the surface. The best technique for tile maintenance is to wash and dry one section at a time.
● Avoid cleaning the tiles with ammonia since this can modify the color of your tiles.
Important stats and facts
● Popular types of floor tiles include travertine, ceramic, marble, slate, faux wood, granite, onyx, quartzite, mosaic, sandstone, terrazzo.
● Size of the global ceramic tile market in 2015 was $84,123 and it is expected to reach $145,949 by 2022. This is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.1% during this period.
● Ceramic tiling is very popular in both residential and commercial buildings.
● Some of the good features of ceramic tiles include that they are highly durable, crack-resistant, and have a protective coating, making them resistant to stains to some extent. Many types of products can be used to clean your tile floors like vinegar, dish soap, water, etc.
● Steam cleaning is an effective technique to clean tile floors.
● A bleach solution is ideal for floor disinfection. The best way to get paint off your floor is to use a knife, heat gun, clean rag, plastic scraper, citrus-based paint stripper.
● Use a scraper to get wax off your tile.
How to find good floor tilers in Canberra
It is important to find a professional tiller, one who knows what they are doing. The downside of not doing sufficient research prior to hiring a good tiller is that you might end up with a floor that looks quite ugly and crooked, inspired by investing in a set of high-quality luxurious tiles. This would be a disaster and end up costing you more than you had initially estimated. Here are a few tips on how you can find a reliable tiller:
● Consult your friends and family members to ask them for a good reference. It is highly likely that they have done something similar and had great success at it.
● Do some research online; there are many resources online that can help you assess how good the firm is.
● Social media is a popular place for such tillers to advertise and it is also a good place to find genuine reviews. It is advisable you talk to a few of their previous clients prior to selecting them.
● Inquire of a website with the tilers to check their gallery and past work.
● Samples of past work are a good way to judge the quality of work and to decide whether they are fit for you.
● Request the firm to provide a list of previous customers for reference.
● Ask them about their working hours and if they are flexible to some extent.
● Cleanliness is important hence ensure they clean up after and also dispose of all waste.
Floor tiling can very well be a DIY project for those who love to do their own work around the house and are confident of doing it. However, it is important to consider the fact that tiles are one of the most expensive items when it comes to renovations. If you happen to have purchased luxurious tiles it is likely that they have cost quite a lot. Do not attempt DIY unless you know what you are doing since it is very easy to make mistakes.
Trusting the professionals with this task will ensure you get them installed just as you had planned without incurring any loss or having to do it again. Select professional tilers in Canberra, those who have decades of experience and offer versatile solutions. Verify that they have good customer service and are responsive to calls for assistance. It is quite common to also consider the rates however do not base your decision to select a professional tiller solely based on the rates.
Tag: #sponsored #contributor
- 1st Tab
- 2nd Tab
- 3rd Tab
- 4th Tab