Almost all cars gain any kind of dirt particles, food particles, wrappings, dust particles, to pet hair and other allergens. For this reason, constant vacuuming is needed to get rid of dirt so your driving can be enjoyable. A clean car has little to no dust or debris and limited dust particles and is, therefore, hygienic to drive or be in, especially if you are asthma or allergy victim.
Before you start vacuuming your car, it’s advisable you have the right tools, vacuuming your car will entail you having a powerful vacuum cleaner and a diverse set of brushes. Having attachments is also important in helping you reach every part in your car’s interior, which in most, include narrow, wide, and soft brushes.
Like in the ones shown, in the diagram below:
Then next you remove your personal belongings and all the junk wrappings because most of the items causing your car to appear jam-packed are personal belongings. Pick these items and dispose of in a trashcan or in a bag. Also when removing items, ensure to check on the car rug, door holes and pockets, card holders, if avoided, your car would look messy.
Things you’ll need for vacuuming your car:
• Vacuum cleaner
• Hard – stiffed brush
• Brush attachments
• Dry cloth
• Dust spray
• Waste bag
• Dry, clean cloth
• Extension cord – not compulsory
The Cleaning Process
When vacuuming your car, the large area of the rug, you should make use of the attachments on your vacuum cleaner. You can use extenders also to reach difficult areas, such as under your seat. For reaching the floor pedals, console and between the seats, you can use smaller attachments on your vacuum cleaner.
1. Vacuum loose dirt left.
After removing your personal belongings, then you can then remove the remaining loose dirt via your vacuum cleaner. For a better clean, you can remove the floor rug and place outside while you clean them properly. Then you can have much space to clean your seats, seat folds, the carpet and other areas that the vacuum cleaner can reach. You can also shake of large dirt or debris from your carpet
2. Use a brush to remove trapped dirt
Note that vacuuming alone doesn’t completely make your car clean, it just helps in removing the dirt particles on the surface. To make your car look very clean beyond the surface level, you would need a hard brush. This particular brush helps in removing the dirt and bringing it to the surface.
Be sure of not removing the fiber in the process, because the brittleness can be tough for the carpet. For areas (nooks, vent, etc.) that cannot be reached by your vacuum cleaner, you can use a soft brush to remove the debris and dirt particles.
3. Clean under seats of your car
When cleaning your car it’s important, you clean under your car seats, so that all parts of your car remains clean. You should vacuum the seat before you move it so you can vacuum properly. To cite an instance, you can move the seat backward, and vacuum the space at the front, and move the seat forward to clean the space at then back. Moving your car seats when cleaning your car, make the process easier.
4. Remove or replace smelly carpets
If you notice any bad smell after cleaning, you can neutralize it by sprinkling an air freshener, then allow the freshener to settle for a couple of minutes, before you vacuum the carpet. If the smell still persists, then you can replace with a spare one.
5. Clean up your dashboard and displays
One of the most neglected surfaces while vacuuming, although they sometimes accumulate more dust than you expect. To clean your dashboard and display, you lightly brush the area using, smooth, sweeping strokes, while holding the vacuum close enough to suck the dust it releases.
Take precautions when cleaning, because these surfaces are typically made from fragile transparent plastic, and they can get scratches if contact is made with the vacuum hose.
But if you have no much time to vacuum carefully, you can as well use a dry cloth with a dusting spray. This way you only have to spray a little on the surface and use the dry cloth to clean gently.
6. Clean the trunk also
While cleaning your car, pop the trunk and peep at its condition. The trunk of your car is mostly overlooked, so it’s unlikely that it has been cleaned. As explained above, do away with all the trash and miscellaneous jumble, and then vacuum the entire compartment from top to bottom.
After cleaning, dust and spray off removable trunk mats.
Note that of all the pasts in your car, your trunk can easily get messier faster than other parts if you normally drop tools, camping equipment, and dirty shoes without taking out to time to clean it.
More bonus tips
• Take time to wipe your feet (or wipe away muddy shoes) before hopping into your car, helps in maintaining your car. You won’t have to vacuum often.
• Clean one section of your car first, before moving to another section. This way the result you get after each clean is a thorough clean.
• An old toothbrush works well for cleaning your upholstery, and floor mats
• It’s advisable to clean your car outside, so you avoid worrying about spreading dust around your garage.
• To get rid of pet hair, you can use the revolver brush in your vacuum cleaner. Make sure your vacuum cleaner has this onboard attachment
• You can apply a leather conditioner after cleaning the leather seat with an upholstery brush. This makes sure no dust particles are left on the leather and therefore causing breaks on the surface and damaging it.
• You can also clean the fabric on the sealing of your car. To do this, use an upholstery brush and follow the weave in the fabric when cleaning. This area is another area that easily gets forgotten when vacuuming your car, but unbeknownst to them, it accumulates a lot of dirt
• Have a small trash can when eating in your car, so you don’t litter your car with food wrappings, because food wrappers are also responsible for bad odors and other unhygienic conditions, like a mold
Was this post helpful to you? Will you try out the bonus tips for keeping your clean after you vacuum it?
Choosing to vacuum your car, keeps it sparkling and spotless, without any dust particles that may likely cause breathing problems. It also helps in the appearance of your car, prolongs its lifespan and makes sure the interior doesn’t suffer wearing out.
It’s important to use the right vacuum cleaner for a task like this so that all the areas in your car are cleaned properly.
Do you have any questions regarding maintaining your car? Or what vacuum cleaner is ideal for cleaning your car? Please let us know in the comment section. if this post was helpful to you, please share! Cheers!!